Our main goal is to ensure that users are able to work efficiently and effectively on all of our systems. To support that goal, we provide a number of guides to assist users in learning how to run jobs at our Center.
Written with new users in mind, this guide provides an overview of the resources provided by our Center and basic guidance on operating at the ERDC DSRC.
HPC Quick Start Guides
These guides provide the basic information needed to get started using our systems.
HPC User Guides
These in-depth guides provide detailed information for users of specific systems. Topics covered include the system configuration, accessing the system, the user environment, program development, batch scheduling, software resources, and useful links. HPC User Guides are available for the following systems:
These guides contain instructions on how to submit jobs to the PBS batch scheduling system, a discussion of basic commands, directives and environment variables, and sample PBS scripts.
This guide describes how to archive and retrieve data from the mass storage system.
This guide describes how to use the modules capability to manage your user environment.
HPCMP Enhanced User Environment (HEUE) Documentation
- Utility Server User Guide
- Utility Server Quick Reference Guide
- SRD Handout
- SRD Quick Reference Guide
Tips & Tricks
The Tips & Tricks pages address a wide range of computational and system configuration issues that may affect users.
- CSI Port Forwarding
- Increasing Performance on Lustre File Systems
- MPI Common Error Messages on Cray XT Systems
- Performing Endian Conversion on ERDC HPC Systems
- Overview of the mpscp File Copy Utility
- Removing Characters Caused by an FTP from a PC to a UNIX System
- Simple Techniques for Improving Performance
- The Effect of Cache on Memory Access Time
- Using MPI and CUDA on the DSRC Utility Server
- Using X Tools from Compute Nodes on Garnet and Diamond